New as I am to Jekyll, Bundler, and Ruby Gems as a whole for that matter, it was only a matter of time before I messed things up royally. Specifically, I started getting the following when running
The suggested solution wasn't a whole lot of help, resulting in exactly the same error, and somehow I ended up with additional warnings about multiple versions of Jekyll.
My Gemfile as it stood contained just these lines:
Which was apparently resulting in Jekyll's import path being limited to just those two gems. Hence a significant chunk of Jekyll's dependencies could not be found, resulting in an error on the first one encountered, Kramdown.
The frustratingly simple fix for this was to add the following line to my Gemfile:
Or, if you're using Github Pages like me:
Then run a quick
bundle install to refresh the lock file. If it still doesn't work, it may be necessary to run
bundle clean --force and then another install, but this will wipe ALL your existing installed Gems.